Global Gateway Forum brought together representatives of governments from the European Union and from around the world with the private sector, civil society, leading thinkers, financing institutions, and international organisations in a two-day, invitation-only event in Brussels on 25 and 26 October 2023.
Day 1 | Wednesday, 25 October 2023
- 12:30 - 13:30Registration and lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30Opening plenary session
- 14:30 - 15:00Networking coffee break
- 15:00 - 16:30Parallel Leaders' sessions
- Green energy transition and green hydrogen
- Education and research
- 17:00 - 18:30Parallel Leaders' sessions
- Critical raw materials
- Transport corridors
- 19:30 - 20:30Dinner hosted by President von der Leyen, Berlaymont
For Heads of State and Government, the Presidents of the EIB and EBRD, the United Nations Deputy Secretary General and Director Generals’ of the WTO and WHO.
Arrivals at 19:00
- 19:30 - 21:00Dinner for invited guests to the Forum hosted by Commissioner Urpilainen, Concert Noble
For invited guests at Ministerial level, CEOs, CSOs and other guests.
Arrivals as of 19:00
- Ms. Rabab Boulos, Executive Vice President, MAERSK
- Mr Jerome Namaseb, CEO, Daures Hydrogen Village, Namibia
Day 2 | Thursday, 26 October 2023
- 08:30 - 09:30Networking breakfast
- 09:30 - 11:00Parallel Leaders' sessions
- Health products manufacturing
- Digital infrastructure
- 11:30 - 12:30Closing plenary session
- 12:30 - 14:00Lunch
The 2023 Global Gateway Forum is taking place in the Steigenberger Icon Wiltcher’s Hotel, Avenue Louise 71, 1050 Brussels. The hotel is centrally located and convenient for airports, motorways, and train travel.
The Steigenberger Icon Wiltcher’s is one of Brussels’ most prestigious hotels.
There are 2 separate entrances to the Forum:
- For participants and media: Chaussée de Charleroi 16, 1060 Brussels
- For Country delegations (HoS/G): Avenue Louise 71, 1050 Brussels
There will be some spaces for private meetings available during the Forum. These can be booked with event staff at the event. Information will be available onsite.